Paige Abrams, Staff Writer
Can anyone resist the temptation of a match made in heaven: chocolate and peanut butter? These peanut butter chocolate cupcakes bring together the best of both worlds into a single small treat. This simple recipe uses boxed cake mix to keep things easy, but the homemade frosting makes these cupcakes truly special and amazingly delicious. Trick everyone into thinking that you are a master baker with these delicious desserts, or keep the batch all to yourself.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Frosting
1 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
16 tbs. butter, softened
2 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 bag of Reeses mini peanut butter cups
1. Follow the instructions on boxed chocolate cake mix.
2. After batter is made, spoon it into lined cupcake tins.
3. Press a Reeses miniature peanut butter cup into the center of the batter.
4. Bake for instructed time and heat directions on the box.
5. When done baking, let the cupcakes cool before frosting.
6. Cream peanut butter and butter together in a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, gradually adding confectioner’s sugar. Whip on high speed until light and fluffy.
7. Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a large French piping tip.
8. Pipe a swirl onto the top of each cupcake and garnish with a peanut butter cup. Then enjoy.